Summary of Survey on Housing, Ownership, and Community Amenities Preferences
In November 2020 we received completed surveys from 38 Founder households which is 98% of all Founder households. One third of the respondent households are single-person.
Most surveyed Founder households won’t be ready to move in until 2024 or later.
Our three core amenities include:
- a dance/community hall
- a dining facility/food services
- a licensed Family Care Home (Household Model)
At least two-thirds of Founder households that responded to the survey indicated that these amenities should be either in place upon move-in or within one year thereafter.
Respondents considered the following other amenities (on- or off-site) essential or important (by the percentages shown):
- cultural/recreational facilities: 82%
- a licensed Skilled Nursing Facility: 66%
- access to health care with a physician or nurse practitioner and in-home assistance with activities of daily living: 50%
The survey results on housing preferences suggest a development which prioritizes semi-detached dwellings first, apartments second, and single family residences in the third phase, but also realizes that a mix of housing is important in each phase.